Are you looking for answers to all of your burning Instagram questions?
Whether you want to tag products on your Instagram stories or start Instagram shopping, you have come to the right place.
In this handy guide, we answer the most frequently asked Instagram questions from our community:
Frequently asked Instagram questions:
- How do I add a link to my Instagram bio?
- How do I set up Instagram Shopping?
- How do I tag products in an Instagram post?
- How do I tag products in Instagram stories?
- How can I shop on Instagram?
- Do hashtags work in Instagram comments?
- Why can’t I add music to my Instagram stories?
# 1: how do I add a link on my Instagram bio?
Adding a link to your Instagram bio is a great way to drive traffic to your website or blog. This is how it works in a few simple steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on “Edit Profile”.
- Tap in the “Website” field
- Enter the link. You can direct your followers to any link: your website, a specific landing page, a product page, or a shoppable version of your Instagram feed.
TIP: Use Linkin.bio by Later to create a clickable version of your Instagram feed that is automatically updated with each new post you share – so you never have to manually update your link in bio again!
# 2: how do I set up Instagram shopping?
Setting up Instagram Shopping is a great way for businesses to showcase products and promote online sales.
Follow these 6 steps to set up an Instagram store:
- Check your eligibility
- Convert to a business or creator account
- Connect to a Facebook page
- Upload your product catalog
- Account verification
- Turn on shopping
Do you need further guidance? Check out our blog post: How to Create an Instagram Store.
# 3: how do I tag products in an Instagram post?
To tag products on your Instagram feed, you need to set them up first Instagram shopping. After setting up, do the following:
- Upload a photo or video manually (or post notification for pre-scheduled posts).
- Tap “Tag Products” to select a product from your Facebook catalog
If you want to tag products on an Instagram post that has already been scheduled or published, find the photo in your feed, select Edit, and then follow step 2 above.
You can mark up to 5 products per picture or video post and up to 20 products on carousel posts.
# 4: how do I tag products on Instagram stories?
Company with Instagram shopping enabled can also mark products directly in their stories.
To do this, just follow these simple steps:
- Open Instagram Stories
- Create a story
- Tap the sticker icon in the top right corner
- Select the sticker “Product”
- Select a product from your Facebook catalog and tap “Done”.
Once added, you can customize the style, color and text of the product sticker by tapping on it.
# 5: how can I shop on Instagram?
There are many ways to shop on Instagram thanks to several new ecommerce features to Instagram:
- Instagram Shop Tab: The new Instagram Shop tab can be found in the main Instagram navigation menu. Here you will find an algorithmically curated selection of products based on your historical interactions. You can also browse stores, view editors selections, browse manuals, and shop collections.
- Instagram Feed: When a company or creator tags a product on their Instagram post, a small shopping bag will appear in the top right corner of the post. Tap the post to view product details.
- View Store: From a brand or business’s Instagram profile page, tap the View Store button to view a catalog of all of their products.
- Instagram Stories: Tap an Instagram Stories product sticker to discover product details and how to shop.
- Instagram Roles: Several brands and companies have jumped on board with tagging products on their Instagram roles. If a product is tagged, tap View Products for more information.
Want to learn more about sales on Instagram? Check out ours Ultimate Guide to Social Selling.
# 6: do hashtags work on Instagram comments?
Yes, they do.
According to InstagramHashtags in the comment area work the same as they do in the label.
Schedule your first comment on Instagram with “Later” to take advantage of Instagram hashtags without cluttering your caption. Having your hashtags planned in your first comment is guaranteed to improve your reach once your hashtags work once your post is online.
# 7: why can’t I add music to my Instagram stories?
If you are unable to add music to your Instagram stories, it could be for several reasons. This could be because you live in a country or region where Instagram has limited access to music libraries, have a Business or Creator account, or need to update the Instagram app.
For more information on adding music to your Instagram Stories, please visit here.
Schedule and view your Instagram feed in advance with Later for free! Sign up and create your perfect Instagram aesthetic today:
Jessica is a creative problem solver and content writer. Jessica comes from Winnipeg, a city in the middle of Canada. She currently lives and works in Paris, France. Follow us on @jessicaworb.